At Magic Bus, we are supporting some of the most marginalized children and youth in India to lift themselves out of poverty. We are looking for talented and driven individuals to help us deliver a long-term, sustainable and bold strategy aiming to reach a million children across India. If you want to be part of Asia's largest mentoring organisation and work towards making a significant difference to people living in poverty, then please look through our vacancies below.
If you think you might be suitable or know someone who is, please contact [email protected]. (Please add the Position Title in the Subject line of your email).
Regional Director - West
Location: Vikhroli (Mumbai)
No. of Positions: 1
This role requires a person to be responsible for achieving high impact at scale, to hundreds of thousands of children living in poverty. The person will be responsible for ensuring that 50% of his participants are girls and that 100% remain in school, unmarried until 12th standard. The person will also be responsible for 70% of the children getting jobs at the end of their programme.
- Leading and inspiring hundreds of employees and thousands of volunteer mentors who will deliver your programme every week.
- Focused on high-quality programmes reaching every child each week and be obsessive about impact.
- P&L of the designated region. Besides, s/he will also be responsible for contributing to the organizational strategy.
- As a member of the Senior Executive Team, you will make a leading contribution to the overall strategy and organizational development of Magic Bus, to strengthen coordination and collaboration within and across teams, institutionalize the Magic Bus culture and strategies planned.
- Raise funds for sustaining and expanding the regional outreach.
- Develop an eco-system that can collaborate and create deeper and wider impact in the region. The collaboration can span across identifying partners who can execute Magic Bus programs on behalf of Magic Bus, providing their competence to Magic Bus for taking it to the last
- mile by Magic Bus, creating a larger purpose and advocating together to mold the policies by Govt./influential agencies etc.
- Oversee the design and implementation of the ambitious portfolio of high quality, well-managed and impactful programmes in the region that brings about positive changes in the lives of children.
- Institutionalize strong systems and processes to operationalize the region including program execution and automating the processes wherever appropriate for efficiency and effectiveness. This could include rolling out of newer initiatives or pilot projects.
- Build strong next level of leaders who can manage and execute their responsibilities independently and uphold Magic Bus culture.
- Plans for the adequate fund, people, infrastructure and administrative support for the operations across locations in the Region. Is able to manage the finance, operation, and people effectively.
- Post graduate or Ph.D. in Social work/Management/Economics or other disciplines.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience.
No. of Positions: 1
This role requires the person to ensure effective Customer Relationship Management is in place and act as a single point of contact to funders.
- Manage project progress reporting of large funders and to keep donors updated with project developments.
- Interact with program team at different locations and have the control of real-time project information
- Act as a single point contact to funders in terms of providing relevant data and information
- To meet customer expectations, particularly in terms of Quality and Timeliness in line with organizational standards, procedures, and guidelines
- Collate different data points related to the program and update
- Responsible for handling project MIS and track progress and program quality
- Effective engagement with programs team, fundraising team and external stakeholders
- Develop the annual operating plan and the individual annual work plans of the different programs
- Coordinate with the Regional Program Head, Program Managers, and other team members to ensure that the efforts are mutually complementary and the concerned receive the necessary programmatic/technical assistance.
- Managing funder relationships by ensuring high quality and timely reporting of narrative and fund utilization reports
- Ensuring timely inflow of committed funds
- Organizing kick off meeting with project stakeholders (internal and external) and preparing Project Implementation Plan
- Organizing project reviews with funders at regular intervals, leading them and monitor progress.
- Ensuring all customized inputs reaches project programming by coordinating with various functions including Program Development, Communications, Research, Procurement, Legal, Finance & HR
- Effective coordination and flow of information between donors and implementing teams
- To ensure that the project deliverables are being achieved as per timelines
- To coordinate donor engagement activities
No. of Positions: 1
This role requires the person to head a district and implement the Magic Bus programme with underprivileged children in communities and institutions (like schools etc.). The person will also be responsible for building and managing a team of Training cum Monitoring Officers, Youth Mentors and Community Youth Leaders( CYLs).
- Responsible for mapping the territory of the district and the communities, playgrounds, schools etc.
- Responsible for collaborating with the area team to establish guidelines and procedures.
- Liaison with local entities, communities, schools, government institutions/authorities.
- Identifying Training cum Monitoring Officers and other leaders throughout the region
- Making sure all team members comply with the company policies
- Providing them with their job descriptions and send other information and updates including curriculum
- Ensure efficient communication within the team
- Plan capacity building programs/training for the team members
- Organize their training schedules immediately after joining
- Preparing Annual Action Plan
- Follow-ups on schedule/updates and monitoring progress and performance of the team
- Overall managing and overseeing team and resources.
- Records/Report writing and data management
- Feedback and Reviews
- Handle budget related issues and reporting of expenses.
- Handle all accounts and finance related matters.
- Masters in Social Work, RD, any Social Sciences or equivalent.
- More than 5 years of experience in social/community development work.
- Experience in Programme Management and Partnership Building with strong leadership and relationship skills.
- Strong presentation, communication, planning, and organisational skills.
- Written and verbal proficiency in Hindi and English.
- Programme Monitoring and Evaluation experience.