At Magic Bus, we are supporting some of the most marginalized children and young people in India to lift themselves out of poverty. We are looking for talented and driven individuals to help us deliver a long-term, sustainable and bold strategy aiming to reach a million children across India. If you want to be part of Asia's largest poverty alleviation programme and work towards making a significant difference to people living in poverty, then please look through our vacancies below.
If you think you might be suitable or know someone who is, please click https://hrms.magicbus.org/candidate.
Senior Manager - Academics
Department: Programme Development
No. of Positions: 1
The role requires the person to lead the learning enhancement vertical in the programme development team to establish organisation’s ability to improve the academic learning levels of our beneficiaries (students).
- Collaborate with partners to develop content for the remedial learning programs for upper primary, secondary and higher secondary school students, as required.
- Manage the delivery cost and innovate ways of bringing the per child delivery cost down.
- Develop plans for implementing remedial learning programmes.
- Develop plans for monitoring the implementation and quality of remedial programmes.
- Train the programme implementation teams on programme delivery and work with the teams for regular support.
- Integrate the use of technology in a remedial programme for students.
- Create and monitor the teacher interaction plan.
- Use technology for tracking programme delivery, assessing learning levels and training the implementation teams.
- Collaborate with training partners to build the capacity of the academic delivery agents and supervisors.
- Conduct regular research for further enhancement of the curriculum on a regular basis.
- Visit field locations to carry out quality audits for the programmes.
- Master’s degree in Management / Social Sciences / General Sciences / Education ·
- The incumbent should have diploma/certification in Education and/or L&D if the Master’s degree is not in those fields
- 7 to 8 years in the education sector out of which 5 years must have been in a similar role. Proven track record of performance in similar role and stability on the previous roles shall be the added advantage.
- Experience in managing teams, dealing with external Bodies, like Government, Academics, Corporate, Research Bodies etc.
Senior Manager - Curriculum
Department: Programme Development
No. of Positions: 1
This role requires the person to be responsible for upgrading, innovating and developing curriculum.
- Conceptualize and develop age-appropriate and need specific content using activity-based learning.
- Liaison with research, trainers and program managers to regularly update, customize and revise existing content.
- Identify specific content experts and support in managing all communication with content experts.
- Review and edit curricula and other training documents after the curricula writers write and design it & it is ready for publication and dissemination.
- Ensure high quality and cost-effective translations of all the curricula materials.
- Ensure user-friendly books/manuals in all areas of content/curriculum
- Map needs, objectives, programme content and assignments into programme designs to demonstrate that the standards are met.
- Complete assigned curriculum development projects.
- Respond to the queries of the field team in a collaborative and cooperative manner.
- Manage various vendors for outsourcing content writing and translation work.
- Masters degree in Social Work/Management
- Desirable: The incumbent should have additional qualifications supportive for the role and its requisite responsibilities
- 5-10 years in the social sector out of which 4 years must have been in a similar role. Multi-domain experience and a proven track record of performance in a similar role and stability on the previous roles shall be an added advantage
- Excellent content designing/writing skills.
- Knowledge & experience in content development
- Understand basic behavioural change theory, child psychology, pedagogy, and andragogy.
- Knowledge of conceptualizing and developing curriculum in the domain of Education, Gender, Health, Life Skills, Leadership, and Livelihood is desired.
- Experience in training content development and training
- Familiar with social issues like child rights, gender discrimination, education, among others
- Ability to conduct independent study or research for design and re-designing the programme.
Manager - Placement and Partnerships
No. of Positions: 1
This role requires the person to build strong relationships with employers, training partners and education institutions ensuring effective referral, placement, and monitoring systems are in place for the young people. The person should support young people during their self-development and skills training ensuring trainees are placed and placements are successful.
- Support young people to achieve the skills training, mentoring and employer activities outlined in their individual Personal Development Plans.
- Engage and motivate young people positively at all times ensuring they are aware of their weekly timetables and attend the correct sessions.
- Deliver a sharp focus on achieving successful youth placements in work, training or further education and supporting these young people to sustain the jobs for 6 months.
- Create partnerships with employers who can offer potential job placements, work experience, and workplace visit opportunities to the young people.
- Broker partnerships with external training organisations and colleges that will enable young people to achieve their desired job or education outcome.
- Responsible for mapping institutions (Government / NGO/ Private and Corporate Foundations) that provide skills training opportunities in the local areas.
- Support young people to access funding and scholarship opportunities that enable them to take up higher education opportunities.
- Create and follow clear referral processes with training partners and employers.
- Monitor youth’s attendance and performance with partner organisations and employers.
- Support the young people after their placements to ensure that they retain their engagement and sustain themselves in work or education placements for up to 6 months.
- Work with colleagues in the Youth Development teams at district and regional level to continuously improve the quality of Magic Bus Lakshya (employment and training) and ensure our work is always safe and enjoyable.
- Undertake data collection and reporting duties that demonstrate the effectiveness of the Lakshya programme.
- Act as a role model at all times demonstrating behaviour that displays the characteristics young people should develop to be successful in their chosen field.
Trainer and Counsellor - Livelihoods
Location: Mumbai, Dharavi, and Dahanu
No. of Positions: 3
This role requires the person to deliver employability skills, life skills, financial literacy and other work-related training that empowers youth to take up employment or further education.
- Deliver a structured induction programme to each group of youth starting on the Livelihood programme
- Lead all training in the Livelihood Centres for the Magic Bus Livelihood programme, which delivers skill training to youth and supports them into jobs and further education placements
- Deliver Sports for Development activities to youth using Magic Bus curriculum and in-house, resources to engage youth successfully and enhance their learning
- Deliver training content developed by Magic Bus National Programme Development Team and tailor this where necessary to the local context whilst ensuring session outcomes are delivered.
- Ensure training outcomes are achieved in each session and youth receive consistent messages throughout all training interventions
- Design an effective Livelihood Centre training timetable with the Centre Coordinator and ensure that this is constantly monitored and updated to enable youth to access the training they need
- Apply and continuously develop innovative training techniques to make training more effective, fun and interactive
- Undertake comprehensive needs assessments 1:1 with youth to identify their strengths & limitations, training and life skills needs and overall targets for the programme
- Work in partnership with the Centre Coordinator or specialist career counselors during the needs assessment to ensure youth have the impartial Information, Advice, and Guidance that empowers them to make positive choices about potential careers
- Act as the lead worker in the first phase of youth’s engagement with Magic Bus Livelihood programme and ensure all youth receive the full and proper offer during this time
- Using the needs assessment and guidance findings support each youth to draw up a Personal Development Plan that contains the training activities and targets that they will work towards
- Support youth to achieve the skills training, mentoring and employer activities outlined in their individual Personal Development Plans in partnership with the Placement and Partnership Officers who focus on referrals to employers and training institutions
- Lead the matching of youth to mentors and support mentors to deliver their roles successfully.
- Engage and motivate youth positively at all times ensuring youth are aware of their weekly timetables and attend the correct sessions
- Deliver a sharp focus on all training and counseling contributing to successful youth placement, training or further education and being able to sustain these for 6 months
- Contribute to mapping institutions (government / NGO/ private and corporate foundations) that provide skills training opportunities in the local areas
- Monitor youth’s attendance and undertake mid-way performance reviews that assess youth’s progress against their targets
- Identify and respond to risks that could lead to youth dropping out of the programme.
- Build strong and trusted relationships with youth from the start of their engagement with Magic Bus.
- Work with colleagues in the communities to ensure the mobilisation of youth happens effectively and selection criteria are properly implemented
- Work with colleagues at district and regional level to continuously improve the quality of Magic Bus Livelihood programme and ensure our work is always safe and enjoyable for youth
- Undertake data collection and reporting duties that demonstrate the effectiveness of the Livelihood programme.
- Act as a role model at all times demonstrating behaviour that displays the characteristics youth should develop to be successful in their chosen field.
- Minimum 1-year experience of working with and achieving positive outcomes for disadvantaged 17-25-year-olds or a portion of this age range
- Direct experience of delivering employability skills and life skills training and achieving positive outcomes with youth
- Knowledge of Sports Development activities or experiential learning techniques (desirable)
- Experience of financial literacy training (desirable)
- Knowledge of Basic Computer and English Speaking Skills
- Relevant degree or similar professional qualification from a reputed institution
- Knowledge of youth needs with regard to progressions into work or further education.
- Experience of need assessment and/or creating personal plans and targets with youth.
- Experience of either employability skills, job placement, youth development or vocational training programmes either directly or indirectly (desirable)
- Experience of working with or managing mentors (desirable)
- Experience of reviewing progress against individual’s training programme targets
- Experience of engaging with wider stakeholders in disadvantaged communities including parents, schools, colleges, panchayats
- Experience of providing guidance to young people on a range of development issues including career or education choices.
Team Leader - Corporate Employee Engagement
Department: Individual Fundraising
No. of Positions: 1
- Responsible to manage first of its kind corporate employee engagement programme related event management
- Interact with corporate employees and recruit donors and passionate volunteers and sustain the relationship for a long time
- Develop and nurture a high performing event team and motivate them achieve their fullest potential
- Manage and nurture the relationship with corporate, apartment complexes and institutions
- Represent Magic Bus professionally and ethically
- Agree and achieve target
- Bachelor/postgraduate degree.
- 4-6 years of experience in high managing corporate events and experience in interacting with middle and upper middle management people
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (English and Hindi)
- Demonstrated people management skills- ability to guide, motivate and build high performing team
- Fair understanding of product development/management
- Strong filed sales operations management skills
- The person should be a go-getter, should have tenacity, good interpersonal skills, leadership skills
- The person should be high on energy and should be able to work under minimum supervision
- The job is field based and involves travel within the city.